Friday, October 9, 2015

Austin: Mayor's Office- 200 Homeless Veterans

All,

                I am emailing you regarding the Austin Mayor’s “Help House Veterans” campaign. I’m hoping you could forward this to your multifamily agents, and associates.

 

A good friend of mine, Joseph Kopser, the CEO of Austin based RideScout (acquired by Daimler Benz), and Bailey Harrington, at Big Red Dog Engineering asked me to reach out to my colleagues that own, or know owners of residential living units or apartments: primarily efficiencies or 1 Bedroom Units in Austin.  Bailey, Joseph and I are West Point alumni, and we are trying to assist the organizations placing the 200 identified homeless Veterans into Austin housing by Veterans Day. The Mayor’s office is linking up the Veterans and Landlords through a point of contact named Bree Williams at a group called ECHO. We are trying to move quickly.

 

                I just spoke to Bree Williams, the ECHO Community Housing Liaison who is coordinating the Veterans that have either HACA/Section 8 vouchers, or vouchers from CARITAS. If you think any of your clients would be open to leasing vacant units to Veterans with vouchers, please contact her directly.

Early on, one of the potential landlords noted that vouchers would cover rent, but not unit damage, so a separate fund was raised to cover Security Deposits.

 

I’d like to link Bree Williams up with someone at your group, to see if any Austin units could be filled. Please let me know if you think you can assist with this.

 

Bree Williams, ECHO Community Housing Liaison, at (512) 940-9690 or breewilliams@austinecho.org

Bree can answer any questions about this initiative—so you don’t have to send me your client list….

I’m sending this out in a mass email later, but thought of you first in my MF brokerage world.

 

 

Jim Young, CCIM, Broker

Longbow Real Estate Group

West Point ‘94

11701 Bee Caves Road, Ste 250

Austin, TX 78738

jim@longbowRE.com  @jimyoungCRE

512-565-7509

Connect With Me On LinkedIn

 

-View My Buyer Criteria Here-

No comments:

Post a Comment